The impact of his thought on the West, Ghazali, Razi and Ibn Taymiyya
Professor Yahya Michot [Hartford Seminary,USA]
Dr Jules Janssens [KU Leuven, Belgium]
- Date: Saturday 14th – Sunday 15th May 2016, London
- Venue: Birkbeck College, Malet Street, London, WC1E 7HX
The seminar is open to all but spaces are limited. Entry is through prior registration only.
Costs: Student/Unemployed/Employed irrespective:
- BOTH DAYs: –
- ANY ONE DAY: –
£40£80 DEADLINE FOR BOOKING APPLY: MONDAY 18th APRIL 2016 after which prices increase!
The course is aimed at the advanced level, participants must be familiar with the basics of Ibn Sin’s/Avicenna’s life, work and thoughts, reasonable understanding classical arabic and classical Islamic Sciences including kalam, metaphysics, philosophy, and epistemologY, however, ALL WELCOME!
- Avicenna in the West, from Toledo and Venice to Oxford and New York
- Avicenna’s Quranic Commentaries
- Al-Shaykh al-Ra’īs”: Traditional and New Approaches
- Avicenna’s Influence on Ghazalian thought (kalam, politics and tasawwuf)
- Love and the “Order of Good”
- Avicenna’s influence on the theology of Razi
- “What about the Prophets’ miracles?” Ibn Taymiyya on the last section of Avicenna’s “Ishârât”
- After Avicenn